Things that are somehow, not news just now:
- After Turkey shot down a Russian plane, Russia is massing troops on the Turkish border, having transited Georgia and Armenia to do so.
- China continues to enlarge its land grab of south China Sea islands not only claimed variously by the Philippines, Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia and South Wet Nam but but recognized as such by the U.N. and China in a treaty.
- Venezuela – “The World’s Worst-Performing economy.”
- Argentina and Brazil
- China fixed its Yan at a four week low despite its pledge.
- The White House is pushing an increase in refugees from Syria.
We have been unable to find these stories on the major news outlets, though we could have just missed them. What we have found instead, is lengthy repetitions of the Ku Klux Klan support for Mr. Trump and eulogies of a sort for the Sanders campaign, attended by complaints from Messers Rubio and Cruz. We expect notice f a Mafia Don’s praise for Trump at any moment. We are a little surprised that there are so far, not five dozen women alleging that the drugged and raped them thirty years ago. Perhaps that’s coming; there’s time yet.
Adding it all up, it seems to us that any interests served ty media, government, economists and/or various polls, are no longer ours. Pretty much because excepting for government, we aren’t the ones paying for them, we suppose. At least, that seems to be the way it works from where we sit. Sort of sad, we think.