A short list of question that we aren’t smart enough to answer without the help of our smarter and wiser political leaders:
- Now that sex is entirely a private decision and jobs are needed, why is prostitution still illegal?
- Now that judges, bureaucrats and legislators seem to agree that boys and girls may choose the use of each other’s dressing rooms and showers, why is public nudity still illegal? Nobody would see anything they haven’t already learned in school. Too, it would help the poor with clothing expenses.
- Why are some folk punished for lying to the government while President Obama, Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump and lots of Congressfolk seem to lie regularly to us with immunity?
- Why, with teachers and administrators carefully trained at government approved colleges and with more money spent per student than most other places, are U.S. public schools so bad amd becoming worse?
- Why did the U.S. help overthrow the Shah of Iran, installing the Islamists who hate America, invade and overthrow the government of Iraq, creating ISIS and invade and fight for a decade in Afghanistan without evident goal or accomplishment? And finally,
- Why have the Federal, State and many local U.S. governments borrowed record amounts of money too great for any reasonable expectation of repayment by taxpayers?
Perhaps we are, as our wise rulers say, just too dim to grasp such things?