Relax! Alfred E. Neumann Is In Charge and All Is Well…

What Me Worry ObamaNot only are the scalawags we elected playing us on the debt and deficit but the scalawag-in-chief  leads the parade of mountebanks, churls and financial finaglers piping us into the slough of debt-spond. Our president now clearly intends to destroy the dollar; 75% of his new taxes are intended to fund new spending as reported here. The remaining 25% won’t come close to ending our deficits, presently some 46% of total spending.

But as mentioned here before, the GOP folk aren’t the good guys in this; they complain about Obama’s spending and demand (carefully unspecified) cuts but they have approved every dime spent in their four annual appropriations bills. The Constitution mandates that only Congress can approve spending and only the (GOP controlled) House can originate spending bills, right?

GOP Speaker Boehner acts as though he’s negotiating spending and taxes with the President; the reality is his party controls the House and the Dems control the Senate; he needs to negotiate with, if anyone, Senate majority boss Dem Harry Reid if he wants to get a bill through Congress. Was a time you couldn’t graduate from high school without learning stuff like that, but that wasn’t in the interest of our politicians, apparently. Now, they dance these ridiculous routines and the voters watch wide-eyed, instead of blowing them the raspberries they deserve.

The glaringly evident truth, seems to me, is that neither the Spendocrats nor the Spenduplicans are willing to emulate the place they wish to take us–Europe–by  admitting that spending forty-six percent more than we have available every year is destructive and needs to be curtailed. All they care about is that when the sky falls, it falls on the other guy. All the resulting pain and suffering inflicted? They’ll use that to get reelected! Exactly as they have just done…

What! Me, Worry?

About Jack Curtis

Suspicious of government, doubtful of economics, fond of figure skating (but the off-ice part, not so much) Couple of degrees in government, a few medals in figure skating; just reading and suspicion for economics ...
This entry was posted in Bank Failure, Barack Obama, Budget, Congress, Debt, Democrats, Domestic Policy, Europe, Fiscal/Financial Responsibility, Overspending, Public Schools, Republicans and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s